Hot spinach dip is a new family party favorite! Spinach dip is one of those childhood memories to me. It was one of those favorite appetizers that were always at big family gatherings, birthdays and Christmas parties. I upgraded it this year – tons of flavor (without using a soup/dip mix), and it’s baked to cheesy, yummy perfection!
I have a little tip for this dip: chop your spinach. I’ve never been a fan of getting long, stringy, chunks of spinach stuck on my cracker. This is one of those things you just have to fix when you grow up. I still used frozen spinach, but after I thawed and drained the spinach, I chopped it up. As fine as I felt like going. Ha! Problem solved.
Hot Spinach Dip
I did mine right in the dish. Honestly, you don’t really need one more dish to wash, do you?
Happy Appetizers! Jessica
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend ingredients together in the same dish you'll be baking in. Mix well with a spoon.
- Spread evenly in dish and top with 3/4 cup Italian blend cheese or parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until dip is bubbly and cheese is browned on the edges.
Chop thawed spinach to make a finer spread.
Child of God, Wife to Josh, Mommy to my four sweet children. Thankful for busy days filled with homeschooling, homemaking and loving my little family! And sneaking in sewing and pattern design whenever I can 🙂